1115 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington DC 20005 United States
Witness for Peace (WFP) is a politically independent, nationwide grassroots organization of people committed to nonviolence and led by faith and conscience. Witness for Peace’s mission is to support peace, justice and sustainable economies in the Americas by changing U.S. policies and corporate practices that contribute to poverty and oppression in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our delegations program contributes to our mission by offering a unique opportunity for participants to engage with those directly affected by U.S. policies. Participants travel to Latin America on 10 day delegations to meet with leading experts on policy issues, learn from activists working for peace and spend extended time in communities working for justice.
The National Delegations Organizer supports the organizing of each of our delegations to Colombia, Cuba, Honduras, Mexico, and Nicaragua. This includes coordination with our teams abroad, volunteer delegation coordinators in the U.S., and our delegates. We organize an average of 30 delegations per year, and the National Delegations Organizer is involved in each step of the process to help provide a transformative experience for delegates and help them mobilize in solidarity with our partners in Latin America when they return.
This position will be based in D.C. at 32 hours per week. Salary is based on previous experience and qualifications.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Coordinate Witness for Peace delegation travel program in concert with international offices and delegation coordinators
2. Develop and subsequently maintain marketing and advertising for the delegation department
3. Monitor the financial well-being of delegations program
4. Maintain delegation section of WFP website
5. Work with other staff and international offices to fully integrate the delegation program into the overall goals of the organization
6. Work with staff to integrate return delegates and delegation coordinators into our vibrant activist network
7. Attend to daily maintenance of delegations in a timely and thorough manner
8. Manage database of delegates and delegation coordinators through Salesforce and Action Network
9. Participate in the production of the WFP newsletter and other publications online and in print including email blasts
1. Experience in office management, including database management and high-level organizational skills
2. Experience with solidarity work in Latin America, preferred experience travelling abroad
3. Commitment to the covenant and mission of WFP
4. Ability to work and connect with emerging and historically POC and indigenous movements, to connect coalition work and campaigns
5. Familiarity with grant writing, development
6. Communication skills in order to connect with a variety of audiences
7. Knowledge of popular education work and practices
8. Willingness to work in a consensus decision-making environment
9. Proficient in both written and oral communication in English and Spanish
Witness for Peace is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest organization possible, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourages individuals from all backgrounds (including race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation) to apply. Persons of color are especially encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com